Blog Improvement “To-Do” List Meme
I was tagged by Rob Watts of Yack Yack SEO for a Blog Improvement Meme. I was actually tagged more than a week ago and put off blogging about it. Not that I don’t want to participate… I do. I love that Rob tagged me…. Memes can be a lot of fun. But, Blog improvement can be a lot of work…. so much so that many Bloggers, me included, put it off. When you put something in writing, like a blog improvement, you have acknowledged a need for change and made it aware to others…. which means that people will remind you until the improvement is done.
I was actually tagged for my Preschool Education Blog, but I felt that this Work at Home Blog fits the SEO niche of Rob’s Blog a bit more. So, let’s get started. I’m going to call it my Blog Improvement “To-Do” List.
This Blog is only a week old, but don’t let the newness of this site fool ya… this site needs a lot of work. I made the decision to put the Blog online before I had done much to it.
Blog Improvement “To-Do” List
Tweaking my Layout
- I need to figure out how I would like my Blog to look. I’m not thrilled
with the color. Other than my Work at Home header I haven’t done a thing
to the colors on this Blog. I need to figure out what colors work well together.
I love bright colors, but I also like the look of a clean white site. So,
I need to come up with how I ultimately want my Blog to look.
- As far as the sidebar goes I think I want just the bare minimum there. I actually don’t mind what is there now and I might keep it like that…. other than the color. I hate baby blue. The baby blue has got to go!! I do plan on adding a list of my favorite Blogs to the sidebar. I will work on that this week.
I haven’t thought about this yet. I would like to have some advertisements on the sidebar, but I haven’t even looked into what advertisements I want there. I am more concerned about finishing tweaking the site and getting posts up at this point. Eventually, I will start putting up a few small advertisements.
Marketing my Blog
Even though All Work At Home Ideas has been around for years this Blog is brand new and I need to market this Blog the same way I would a new site.
- Join Networks in the Work at Home Niche.
- Participate in Comments – I don’t do this enough,
but I need to start. I love networking with other Bloggers, but for some reason
I fall short when it comes to commenting on other Blogs. I will make a point
to start doing this.
- Submit to Blog Directories – I believe most Blog Directories you need to have around 5 or more posts in order to submit, so I should be able to start submitting to the Blog Directories later this week.
There is probably so much more that I need to do, but this is a start and it will keep me busy for a while.
Thank you Rob for tagging me to this Blog Improvement Meme. Putting these improvements in writing is a reminder of what I need to do… and sometimes even I need a good kick in the butt to get motivated.Stumble it!